- photo and video support
- file organization into folders and sub-folders (create sub-folders at any level)
- collections are viewable in two different modes
- instant setup and customization of slideshows
- password protection for your data: lock individual folders or the app itself
- fast and easy file transfer: move dozens of items at a time to your iPad
Organizing your files
- you can create folders and sub-folders at any level. In other words any folder can contain sub-folders and there is no limit to how many levels of nesting you can create this way.
- all standard file editing operations are easily performed from an edit panel similar to what you would find in many desktop apps. You can easily name, rename, copy, paste and delete files and folders.
- reorganizing your files is as easy as organizing them. It is possible to instantly move your files, folders, or groups of folders anywhere you like. Folder hierarchy is always preserved no matter how many levels of sub-folders are involved.
- if you want to emphasize certain files to make them stand out from the rest there are two ways in which you can do so.
Viewing your photos and videos
- GalleryPro offers two ways to view your collections. Library mode gives you a quick-access method to scan content in any folder and quickly move between folders. If you prefer the more standard thumbnail gallery setup then switching to it is only a button tap away.
- slideshows are setup instantly for any folder at the touch of a button. These can be customized in terms of transition time and mode, as well as repetition and randomization and this can be done for the current slideshow or set as the default for all slideshows.
- photo manipulation is fast and intuitive. Zooming, panning, and scaling works as expected.
- videos use a standard interface that is quick, responsive and easy to use.
Protecting your data
- some photographs and videos are private and with GalleryPro you can easily keep them that way. You can lock individual folders with password protection.
- it is also possible to lock GalleryPro itself, with options for locking on startup, on wake, or both.
Transferring files to and from GalleryPro
- no gallery app is useful if it can't transfer large numbers of files quickly and easily. Gallery pro offers an intuitive, browser-based interface for transferring hundreds of files at a time to your iPad from any WiFi-enabled computer. There is no need to connect your iPad to the source computer or to use iTunes.
- your favourite Flickr photostreams can be downloaded at the touch of a button.
- you can transfer photos from Apple's built-in Photos app.
- you can easily email your photos to your friends.